Friday, July 13, 2012

Word Paths • Color



Here is my inspiration for today's word path, color, color and more color. Pantone has a color swatch book of 35 Inspirational Color Palettes, designed by Brooke Johnson, for Chronicle Books. My default button is usually black and white. People that know me, know from the clothes closet to my home it is always a black and white story to start with a touch of color. My art it falls within the same range. 
While in NYC a few days ago I stopped at a favorite bookstore called Strand
The art book choices are just the best ever! 
You can find wonderful books anywhere from three dollars to two hundred.

I have fanned out the delicious swatches for you to see why this book lights me up. 
What I love are the names and the description of the gorgeous palettes, some favorites were named, Island Cruise, Afternoon at the Metropolitan, Fresh Air and Parisian Pâtisserie
I have shared two below. If you love color then this book is for you. 
From fashion to home decor to painting a room, it is all here for your inspiration.








__________________________



Everyone has a word path. One word leads to another.
                                                                                               Velásquez©2011
Word Paths have  been a Friday feature showcasing possibilities in written words, creative process and artistic pieces from the beginning of my blog You can go here, to my first post on this project and see how it all started.
___________________________________________________________




I played with my wording a few different ways which lead me to produce the art with two approaches in color as well. 
I love them all so I had to show them to you.
The last one presented is my favorite. Enjoy!

Here are My Word Paths for Today



Life In Full Color Stripes                                                         by Velásquez ©2012
Life In Full Color and Black and White                                    by Velásquez ©2012


In Full Color Stripes                                                         by Velásquez ©2012
In Full Color and Black and White                                     by Velásquez ©2012


Happy Weekend • Live Colorfully • Enjoy the Language of Words

Thank you for stopping by!
"Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©
All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website

1 comment:

  1. Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    Lamps

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...