Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Wish......Some Words on 9/11



Today is the eleventh anniversary of 9/11. 
I am re posting my memorial blog post of last year. The memory and ache of the day still
 sits in my heart. I on that day was a new mom with a four week old watching the horror unfold on television not believing that this could be happening.  I thought it was the end of the world. 
The world did not end but many things as we knew them did.


A moment in time • A minute in memory • A second in life

As time stood still, still we were.
  
I thought, I paused.
I thought, I hesitated.
I thought, I contemplated.
I wanted to write, then I didn't write.
I wanted to say, then didn't say.

they wish
we wish
could wish
may wish
can wish
his wish
her wish
my wish 
i wish

For Peaceful Days 
 
For 
Peace
Full
Days  
In our history,
In our memory, 
In our hearts.
Heroes all.



Photographs • Martha's Vineyard • Deborah Velásquez



Thank you for stopping by.

This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2012.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without note of the origin on your blog or website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...