Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Flowers, Paint and Type


Inspiration from a very old gardening issue of Martha Stewart Magazine. I kept it because I am such an allium fan. My problem is that I never plant the bulbs when I am suppose to in the fall and I end up buying plants when gardening season comes around.
 Allium Watercolor                                                             by Velásquez©2013

Decided to paint my alliums with watercolors instead of gouache. I find myself turning to watercolors more and more lately....not sure why...I do find them to be fun, easy, not fussy and unexpected. I feel as if I am sketching in color.



I wanted to play with some script type because the word allium has fun letters for painting with a bit of rhythm in stroke.

 Allium Watercolor                                                       by Velásquez©2013

I love the combination of type and art.



Lined Allium Watercolor                                                       by Velásquez©2013

A variation on the allium watercolor with some line work added to give a different feel to the  of the flower artwork. Not as soft but a bit more modern in feel. 



Lined Allium Watercolor                               by Velásquez©2013

 More playful combinations of type and art.



Thank you for stopping by.



This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©


Allium Watercolor                               by Velásquez©2013

All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...