Friday, March 8, 2013

Word Path • Just Three Words for International Women"s Day


My Word Paths for today

I have always loved this quote from Whoopi Goldberg as Celie in the Color Purple,

Celie: [on leaving the farm in Shug's car, shouting to Albert]
" I'm poor, black, I might even be ugly, but dear God, I'm here. I'm here". 

I think about those last two words a lot, "I'm here" and that inspired today's work "i am here". Simply said, says so much. The importance of being here as a woman and to honor and respect those who came before us.

Happy International Women's Day!




                                                                                                    I Am Here©   by Velásquez©2013


Happy Weekend • Celebrate Women • Enjoy the Language of Words

Thank you for stopping by.

This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©


All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.

1 comment:

  1. I missed this one somehow. I absolutely love this. Powerful and necessary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...