Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sketching as Deadlines Loom, "The Sketchbook Project"

 
 I have signed up for a local sketchbook project and have been busy filling my Moleskine sketchbook with my beloved flower motifs. What I love about projects such as these is that they give you so much material for future designs. If you need to build your motif design library I highly recommend signing for a Sketchbook Project. Whether it is the one from Brooklyn, New York or through your local Arts organization, it is so worth it! I did the New York one back in 2011, you can view it here if you would like.
I have been playing a lot with vine type line. These make great backgrounds for large layered florals in Surface Pattern Design 



 




This is "Where Art and Beauty Meet Lifestyle"©




Thank you for stopping by.



All images and content belong to Deborah Velásquez. Copyright 2005-2013.  All rights reserved.
Please do not use anything without permission or without making note of the origin on your blog or website.


4 comments:

  1. Wow Deborah!!! I really love your style and how you translate ideas onto paper-Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work Deborah! Think I'll go and get my sketchbook and have a bit of drawing time now =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice sketches Deborah! They are really inspiring me to do some sketching today as well.. Would love to see your final print designs with these sketches.Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a really emotive and organic way of drawing! It's really interesting to see sketchbook ideas and how they eventually turn into patterns :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...